Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies

This past weekend I got in the kitchen and came up with a recipe that produced the classic oatmeal cookie.

My favorite add-ins include golden raisins and chopped walnuts. But, by all means, add whatever you like! Sometimes dark chocolate and coconut flakes are lovely, too.

Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies

1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 and 1/2 sticks butter, softened

1/2 light brown sugar, packed

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 cups oats

1 cup raisins

1 cup walnuts, chopped

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat until the butter and sugars are fluffy – about 4 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Next, slowly beat in the dry ingredients. Lastly, fold in the oats, raisins and walnuts. Drop tablespoon-sized balls of dough on a baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes.

Question: What are some of your favorite cookies?

Hand down, my top three favorites: oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies!

Comments

1. says:

I love Chocolate Chip Cookies!! yuM!!

2. says:

I’m not a huge chocolate person, but I LOVE chocolate chip cookie batter, I just skip on the chips! White chocolate macadamia cookies are pretty awesome, too!

3. says:

These look great!
    My favorite cookies are Christmas cookies – I don’t even have a specific one. I love Russian Tea Cakes, cut-outs, Peanut Butter Blossoms, the gooey chocolatey ones rolled through powdered sugar – yum!

4. says:

I love chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles and cookies with M&Ms or other candy inside!

5. says:

I love oatmeal cranberry cookies :) These look tasty!

6. says:

omg drooooooooling!! My favorite cookies are warm chocolate chip cookies or M&M cookies

7. says:

I think my favorite cookies are the same as yours! These look delicious. I’ll definitely have to try them with chocolate yum!

8. says:

Yummy! I love oatmeal cookies. My favorite version of them are with butterscotch chips mixed in!

9. says:

These look amazing! Definitely will have to try them!

10. says:

Those look really good. My favorite are banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. In fact, I think I may make some tonight. :)

11. says:

these look awesome! i love using golden raisins too ! my favorite are the same. nothing beats a good chocolate chip cookie! im always obsessed with rainbow cookies. When i make them i eat half of the batch as im cutting them up

12. says:

Looks so good, however I am on a cookie fast for a couple months after Christmas…

13. says:

These look so great! Monster cookies are my favorite, but I love them all!

14. says:

I love walnuts in oatmeal cookies! One of my favorite flavor combos. When I don’t have time to make the full cookies, I’ll make a batch of oatmeal and throw in walnuts. So good!

Trackbacks

1. [...] mine were on fire. I love that! I came home hungry and made a cup of decaf tea and snacked on some Oatmeal cookies while writing Jon a [...]